I have been helping my students with the following:
- building confidence in social situations using English
- Engelska 5, 6, Engelska A, linguistics
- TOEFL, IELTS, FCE, CAE, BEC
- job interviews and business communication in English
- preparing for English Secondary School
- English for IT professionals
- special grammar and pronunciation courses
- medicine in English
- legal English vocabulary and communication
- English for adults from 0 to fluency
I have a degree in linguistics and translation/interpretation (English and French), TEFL certificate and a very wide experience in teaching languages (English, French and Russian, over 15 years).
I mostly work with adults and teenagers, but was also teaching kids of all ages (from 2 yo and older) in China.
I have been self-employed for many years now, but previously was working as a private tutor for language schools, at university and worked for American and Chinese schools in Guyang, China.
Being a linguist, I love languages in general and my experience and passion in teaching has allowed me to find various effective approaches my students need. I also worked as a translator and interpreter which has helped me to now teach special-purpose English or Russian, for example in medicine, IT, law and industries. I have also been successfully preparing my students for international exams in English (IELTS, BEC, TOEFL, FCE, CAE).
Along with traditional course books and exercises, I like using my own exercises and being flexible with every student and class. I believe that most of us need a language to speak, so we usually focus on the speaking practice.